Non-U.S. and non-Canadian purchases: If you have made your purchase outside the United States and Canada, this Limited Warranty is granted by and this Limitation of Liability is stipulated for the benefit of CarComm International B.V., De La Minestraat 16, 6021PJ Budel (The Netherlands).
WHAT THIS WARRANTY COVERS
1) CarComm International B.V. (“CarComm”) warrants to you that the Hardware will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use (“Defects”) for a period of two (2) years from the date that the Hardware was first purchased by you (“Warranty Period”). During the Warranty Period the Hardware will be repaired or replaced at CarComm’s choice (“Limited Warranty”) without charge to you for either parts or labour. This Limited Warranty covers the replacement of the Hardware only. If the Hardware is repaired after the Warranty Period has expired, the Warranty Period for the repair will expire six (6) months after the date of repair.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
2) The Limited Warranty does not apply to normal wear and tear, does not apply when the Hardware is opened or repaired by someone not authorized by CarComm and does not cover repair or replacement of any Hardware or part thereof damaged by: misuse, moisture, liquids, proximity or exposure to heat and accident, abuse, non-compliance with the instructions supplied with the Hardware, neglect or misapplication. The Limited Warranty does not cover physical damage to the surface of the Hardware. This Limited Warranty does not cover any software that may accompany or be installed on the Hardware. The Limited Warranty does not cover the installation, removal or maintenance of the Hardware or any costs related herewith.
HOW TO MAKE A WARRANTY CLAIM
3) In order to make a claim of a Defect, you must contact CarComm by email during the Warranty Period via www.carcomm.eu to explain the Defect and to obtain an RMA number (Return Materials Authorization) if necessary. You must return the Hardware during the Warranty Period, along with an explanation of the Defect, to the address provided to you by CarComm. If a defect arises and a valid claim under this Limited Warranty is received by CarComm after the first three hundred and sixty (360) days of the Warranty Period, CarComm is entitled to charge you for any reasonable shipping and handling costs made in connectionwith the repair or replacement of the Hardware. You must comply with any other return procedures stipulated by CarComm, if any.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
4) Some countries may not allow the exclusion or limitation of damages. If any part of this Limited Warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Limited Warranty shall nonetheless remain in full force and effect.
5) This Limited Warranty is the only express warranty made to you and is provided in lieu of any other express warranties or similar obligations (if any) created by any advertising, documentation, packaging, or other communications.
6) Except for the Limited Warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, CarComm and its suppliers provide the Hardware “AS IS AND WITH ALL FAULTS”, and hereby disclaim all other warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) implied warranties, duties or conditions of satisfactory quality, of fitness for a particular purpose, of reliability or availability, of accuracy or completeness of responses, of results, of workmanlike effort, of lack of viruses, and of reasonable care and skill, all with regard to the Hardware, and the provision of or failure to provide support or other services, information, software, and related content through the Hardware or otherwise arising out of the use of the Hardware. Also, there is no warranty or condition of quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, or non-infringement with regard to the Hardware. This exclusion does not apply to (i) any implied condition as to title and (ii) any implied warranty as to conformity with description.
7) This Limited Warranty does not affect any legal rights under applicable national legislation
governing the sale of consumer goods.